"What University Students Need to Know about Insurance"

Congratulations! Going to University is a significant milestone in your life. One that will bring on many new and exciting life changes involving work, money, living space and possessions.

As you seek out new ventures, one thing you'll need is insurance. And one thing you'll want is good insurance, reasonably priced from a knowledgeable advisor.

There are four types of insurance you'll want to consider after college graduation:

  1. Motor
  2. Personal effects cover
  3. Life Assurance & Pensions

Car Insurance

At school, you were probably on your parent's motor insurance policy. That's because their policy covered young drivers. When you move out and/or get title to a vehicle, you may no longer be covered on their motor insurance policy.

Another reality is that your motor insurance needs are different than your parents. 

Now is the time to call Crosby Insurance Brokers. Because we represent a wide variety of insurance companies, you'll have many options to choose from.

Also, motor insurance policies offer discounts. You can rest assured that we will check lots of insurers and one to suit you.

Options and Discounts. Crosby Insurance Brokers will present all of them to you. We'll make sure you get the best motor policy cover value for the least amount of money.

Personal Possessions Insurance

Picture this. You finally get your own place. You move out of the family home (Not just for the school year. This time it's permanent). You can't believe how much stuff you've accumulated:

  • TV
  • Laptop or PC
  • Printer
  • DVD Player
  • IPod and other music players
  • Cell Phone
  • Game systems
  • Bedroom set and other furniture
  • Microwave and other kitchen appliances
  • Watch / Jewelry
  • Gadget cover

(You might not think they're worth much but they are—especially when you think of how much it would cost to replace them.)

A couple of friends help you move to your new apartment. Great!

You're moved in, you've managed to save some money and it's two weeks before you start work. So, you take a short trip with some friends. You have a blast and return home on a Saturday night.

You're still smiling at the memories of the trip as you walk up the stairs. Maybe you're even chuckling as you put the key in the door and open it.

Then you stop laughing. You stop smiling. You mouth goes ajar and you can't believe your eyes.

Your place has been broken into. Everything you had is gone—your laptop, DVD player, game system. Everything.

That's a bad enough feeling. And it happens. But eventually you realize all of your things are replaceable. Or are they?

Did you have Personal possesions  insurance?

Personal Possessions Insurance covers your belongings (clothing, books, CDs, furniture - everything) not only in your room or flat but in your locked car and anywhere else you take them. It protects your things against fire and other occurrences beyond your control—including vandalism and theft.

If you thought about it at all, you may have thought insurance was the responsibility of the landlord. It's not. The landlord's policy covers the building only. It's a renter's policy that will help pay for the replacement of all your personal items.

Crosby Insurance Brokers will give you peace of mind about your belongings and your liability. We'll help you sort it all out. As with motor insurance, we're big on discounts. We'll make sure you get them.

One Insurance Source

When you make the transition from college to "real-life," everything changes.

Now you're responsible for protecting yourself and your possesions....

Your choices are difficult and you need an expert on your side. Don't fool yourself and pretend you know insurance. It can be complicated business. Plus, your needs can constantly change as your life changes.

Work with someone who specialises in Universityy Students. Contact us at Crosby Insurance Brokers today.

The saddest words this agent ever hears are "I knew I should have done something." All you need to do is one simple thing... contact us.

We're your one stop insurance shop. We'll do all the work for you. Complete the protection analysis form today, or call us now 0191 565 7590.